The success of the diversified sports instruction; recreation and competitive travel teams are attributed to the efforts of the recreation department and organized volunteer groups with Board of Directors who give themselves above and beyond. Clearly it is the unselfish giving of time and dedication to our youth that provides the opportunity for participation in a wide range of sports experience. If you are not currently involved, consider joining the volunteers whose time and energy truly benefits the children of North Caldwell.
View the Sports Calendar
Rutgers Coaches Certification
The class is instructed by Sergeant Tom Mautone. This class is for all coaches planning to volunteer to coach a North Caldwell sport and have not yet been certified to coach. The curriculum is based upon the Minimum Standards for Volunteer Coaches Safety Orientation and Training skills. Program developed by the Governor´s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports. The curriculum for the course includes the following topics:
- Legal Aspects of Coaching
- Psychological Aspects of Coaching
- General Coaching Concepts
- Training and conditioning Athletes
- Medical/First Aid Aspects of Coaching
West Essex Cowboys Football Association:
- President North Caldwell Mike Ruane; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organized Football program for Pee Wee (flag football-non contact ages 5 & 6,) Football A,B,C level which includes football for ages 7 to 13. Pre season practices begin mid August (4 nights a week). Once school begins practices are Tuesday and Friday nights, as well as Saturday mornings. Games are played on Sundays.
West Essex Cowboys Cheerleading
- Contact Nicole Magliarditi @ email@example.com
- The programs offered are Pee Wee Cheerleaders and, A, B, C level which includes cheering for ages 7 to 13.
WEFC (West Essex Football Club) Travel Soccer
- The West Essex FC is a travel soccer club reserved for those boys and girls that possess a certain skill level and commitment. Travel soccer is for those individuals who want to play in a competitive environment, and receive a high level of soccer instruction. There are usually two practices per week during the Fall and Spring, and most teams also train indoors during the Winter once a week. There are at least 10 games per season, and they are typically on Sundays throughout Northern New Jersey. Additionally, many teams participate in at least one tournament during each season. *For more information, and to see the tryout dates, please visit our website for more information: www.westessexfc.com
Recreation Basketball: For Kindergarten through eighth grade run by the North Caldwell Recreation Department. Online registration is available for Kindergarten through 8th grade. Pre season clinics are scheduled for 2 weeks in November and team specific practices begin the last week of November and run through December. Games begin early January.
Contact Bill Maranz for details: NCAthletics@northcaldwell.org
- K-Second grade program is clinic format and runs for 6-8 weeks on Saturdays in January & February.
- Second grade program includes: Saturday clinics and informal games on Tuesdays.
- 3rd through 8th grade includes: boys and girls teams play in the WEYSA league (Roseland, Essex Fells, Fairfield, Trinity & North Caldwell)
Skiing Program - Mountain Creek: 6-week ski program offered for 4th through 6th graders beginning in January. The Recreation Office sponsors this program. Registration is online starting mid November. Bus transportation available.
Wrestling: The West Essex Junior Knights Association, consists of participants from North Caldwell, Roseland, Fairfield and Essex Fells for grades 3rd-8th. There are clinics for 1st and 2nd year wrestlers and a travel league for advance wrestlers. Registration forms can be picked up at the North Caldwell Recreation Office beginning in early October. For more information visit: http://www.leaguelineup.com/wejrwrestling
Men's Softball: Open to all current North Caldwell Residents and non-residents who work full time in North Caldwell. Players must be 18 years of age or older and be out of high school. Contact Nick Gennarelli at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recreation Baseball and Softball: The North Caldwell Recreation Baseball & Softball Association (NCRBS) is a Recreation Department run program with volunteer coaches that manage the youth baseball and softball programs. The spring recreation program is offered to children in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Contact NCRBS via email at email@example.com for questions on updated information, schedules, sponsorship and volunteer opportunities.
Travel Baseball: The North Caldwell Knights travel baseball program is offered to children at the age of 8 years old through High School. Contact Matt Lasher for more information: MattLasher@recycleinc.net
West Essex Knights Track: Run through WEYSA (participating towns are North Caldwell, Essex Fells, Roseland, Cedar Grove and Fairfield.) This program is open to girls and boys in grades 4th through 8th grade. The participants train for various field events including running, long jump and turbo javelin. Registration begins in early February and forms can be obtained from North Caldwell Recreation office. For more Information contact Marisa at the Cedar Grove Recreation Department 973.239.1410 ext.220 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Lacrosse: Girls in grades 3-8, Run through WEYSA (participating towns are North Caldwell, Essex Fells, Roseland and Fairfield). Registration takes place in October with a December deadline. Teams are configured in early February and practices and games start in April.
1 st & 2nd grade: Girls Lacrosse program presents a 6 week Spring program which is ideal for young players looking to get started in the fasted growing sport in the U.S. For more information contact Essex Fells Recreation by email email@example.com