Programs & Events
Family Events, Children's Programs, Children's Sports, Private Organizational Sports, Annual Children's events, Summer Camps & Adult activities/classes
- Beginner Yoga: (Fall/Winter/Spring) held at the North Caldwell Fire Department's Firemen's Community Center taught by Indigo Yoga of Caldwell and held once a week.
- Dr. STEM for Young Engineers: Dr. STEM for young engineers is run by a former elementary STEM teacher, Larry “Doc” Siegel and introduces the engineering design process to young children. Boys and girls will build towers, bridges, egg catchers and so much more! Dr. STEM will assist them in collaborating, brainstorming solutions, designing, constructing and testing 3D solutions.
ANNUAL FAMILY EVENTS:
- Town Picnic : Scheduled for the first Saturday after Labor Day: from 1:00- 6:00 pm at the town pool. You need not be a pool member to enjoy the food, refreshments, live music, carnival games, children’s games and neighborly fellowship
- Menorah Lighting & Joy, Peace, Goodwill: The first evening of Channukah observance begins with the lighting of the Menorah. On the first Sunday in December (4:30pm-6pm)-Borough Hall, is the official lighting of the tree by the Town Council. A visit from Santa on the Fire Truck by our North Caldwell Volunteer Fire Department bringing candy canes for the children attending. Hot chocolate and cider is provided by the North Caldwell Boy Scouts & Cub Scouts. The night will include live DJ music, holiday joy, cookies and our annual toy drive Co-hosted by the TOBA volunteer group and Morristown Medical Center's Goreyb's Children's Hospital.
- Newcomer’s Night: Annual evening for an informational program sponsored by Recreation, Historical Society, Mayor and Council to acquaint our new neighbors with what North Caldwell has to offer. A packet is distributed with information on the schools, recycling, recreation, Police Department, Fire Department, Historical Society, Senior Citizens and a host of other important and interesting information new residents often need. Thursday, November 2nd @ 7pm-8:30pm-Borough Hall.
- Memorial Day Parade: Held every year with the surrounding towns of Roseland, Caldwell-West Caldwell and Essex Fells. The parade commences at 9:30 am on Bloomfield Avenue in Caldwell. Mayor and councils from each of the communities as well as a grand Marshall, scouting troops, bands police and Fire Departments are in attendance.
- Movies at the North Caldwell Community pool: Sponsored by Municipal Alliance and Recreation Family night of movies and late night swimming on Thursday evenings. Check back in Summer 2017 for dates. The night is opened to all residents’ regardless if they are a member of the community pool. The snack bar is opened as well. Give aways for the children with prevention message concerning alcohol and substance abuse is part of the evening’s festivities. The pool stays open to show your movie favorites during the twilight swimming. Pool closes at 9:30pm.
- Pancake Breakfast: An annual Sunday-June event sponsored by The North Caldwell Volunteer Fire Department. Tickets may be purchased from any volunteer fireman. It will be posted in The Progress and a sign over Gould Avenue when date becomes available.
RECREATION CHILDREN'S PROGRAMS
- Kiddie T-Ball: (Spring) for ages 3-6 sponsored by the North Caldwell Recreation Department & Instructed by U.S. Sports Institute. The is a SIX-WEEK CLINIC instructed by U.S. Sports Institute designed for beginner athletes. Our program allows the student to learn the basic skills of the sport as well as compete in a fun and non competitive environment. This program focuses on the fundamentals of the game; including hitting, throwing, catching and running the bases. Our progressive T-ball curriculum enables each child to develop their skills, and understanding of the game.
- Explore Science: (Fall, Winter Spring, Summer) sponsored by the North Caldwell Recreation Department & instructed by Rachel & Craig Villanova brings programs for K-6th grades. Join and Explore Science earthworm dissection, gravity & impacts, propulsion physics & more with certified instructors in many fields. “Who dunnit?” takes C.S.I to another level learning how to crack the case, take fingerprints & solve the mystery. "Astronomy" "All About the Senses" "Chemistry", "Young Inventors", "Superheroes in Science" & "Make It Move".
- Tennis Academy: (Spring & Fall) sponsored by the North Caldwell Recreation Department. For ages 5-13 including Kiddie Tennis, Level 1 Tennis & Level 2 Tennis. Learn basics, play games & learn the skill of tennis. (All Tennis Programs held at North Caldwell Courts)
- Youth Tennis Lessons: (Spring & Summer) sponsored by the North Caldwell Recreation Department. For ages 5-12 including beginner, Advance Beginner & Intermediate programs. (All Tennis Programs held at North Caldwell Courts)
- Spring U.K. Elite Petite Soccer: (Spring & Fall) A fantastic first experience for young children. This is a fun introduction to the sport through a series of exciting, stimulating soccer games in a safe, enjoyable environment for 3, 4, & 5 year old children.
- Move Your Feet U.K. Elite: (Spring) Kindergarten and First Grade Soccer Program using "Steps 2 Success".
- Quickstart Tennis: (Winter) sponsored by the North Caldwell Recreation Department and instructed by U.S. Sports Institute. Following the USTA Quickstart tennis format; participants will learn basic tennis skills using low nets, oversized tennis balls and rackets. Games encompass hand/eye coordination, balance, agility and movement-all key factors to the early development of children in sport. This indoor program is sure to bring a new found love for tennis to any child.
SUMMER CAMP PROGRAMS
- Summer Fun: Our 6 week camp for Kindergarten through 7th grade is provided with certified Instructors who teach classes such as Arts & Crafts, Pot Luck, Cooking, Sports & Games, Talent show and more. Our summer program goes on field trips, has many theme days, pool days and fun! Jump in the pool and cool off for the hottest summer around!
- Kiddy Kamp: for 3-5 year olds. A fun filled camp run by our very own Summer Fun staff which includes a variety of sports such as soccer, football, basketball and baseball. There will also be exciting arts & crafts projects, water games and other fun activities.
PRIVATE SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS:
- Scouting: Cub scouts registration is for boys in Grades 1st through 5th, Boy Scouts is for boys ages eleven through eighteen while Brownies and Girl Scouts are for girls in Kindergarten through sixth grade. Please contact Wendy Montano for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Wyanokie: A natural wilderness environment gifted to the residents of North Caldwell. Please visit their website for more information. www.campwyanokie.com
- Cowboys Football & Cheerleading: Organized Football for grades Kindergarten through 8th grade. For more information vist: westessexcowboys.com or email- email@example.com
- WEFC (West Essex Football Club): Travel Soccer Programs available for boys and girls grades 2nd through High School. http://westessexfc.com/
- Lacrosse (Girls): 3rd through 8th grade. This program is run in conjunction with Essex Fells, Roseland and Fairfield. Registration is in Decemeber. Practices being in April. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Track (Girls & Boys): Various field events included with the typical races, long jump and turbo javelin. Please contact Marisa Landolfi for more information at email@example.com -or- 973.239.1410 ext.220
- Wrestling: This program is combined with sending districts of North Caldwell, Fairfield, Roseland, and Essex Fells for children grades K-8. To register, please visit: http://www.leaguelineup.com/wejrwrestling
ANNUAL CHILDREN'S EVENTS
- Annual Halloween Party: An annual event sponsored by The North Caldwell Recreation Department to celebrate Halloween. The evening’s activities for North Caldwell’s fifth and sixth grade children include pizza, snacks, beverages, DJ music, costume contests and candy guessing contests. West Essex High School Builder’s Club and National Honor Society volunteer their time as part of their community service. Scheduled for Monday, October 30th @ 7pm-9pm-Fireman's Community Center.
- Spring Spectacular: Annual Spring Bonnet Parade and egg hunt Children ages 3 - 6 years old held at Liberty Field, rain or shine. There are crafts, snacks, face painting, a special guest, egg hunt and prizes for the candy guessing.
- Baseball Opening Day Festivities: Sponsored by the North Caldwell Recreation Department. A wonderful day filled with activities, rides, DJ entertainment, food, and a parade with team banners and opening ceremonies on Saturday, April 29th. The parade starts at 9:00 a.m. followed by Recreation games scheduled all day. All food and entertainment are complimentary!
- Baseball Pool Party: Post season pool party celebration for boys and girls partcipating in the Spring Recreation Baseball/Softball programs on (Check back for 2017 date).
- Soccer Fest: Sponsored by North Caldwell Recreation Department. Eventful day held at Liberty Field includes: a parade, ceremonies along with inflatable games, face painting, speed kick, food and drinks. Recreation games scheduled all day. It is a fun day for the whole family and it’s all-free! Scheduled for September 16th, 2017 9am-1pm.
*information updated 12/27/17*
*Classes & Information subject to change